Jobs at FullerThaler
Client Service Associate
Founded by pioneers in the field, Fuller & Thaler Asset Management is a privately-owned boutique investment manager that has specialized in the application of behavioral finance to primarily the small and mid-cap equity market for over 30 years. Today, we manage approximately $20 billion across a diversified client base consisting primarily of both financial intermediaries and institutional investors.
We’re currently seeking a full-time highly qualified, entrepreneurial-minded candidate to join our client service team. Responsibilities include analyzing, presenting, and reporting on performance, attribution and other strategy data and statistics for Fuller & Thaler’s investment products both for internal business partners and existing and prospective clients.
What You Will Do
You will assist the Client Service Manager in the completion of requests for proposals (RFPs), due diligence questionnaires (DDQs), updating client databases, questionnaires, and client performance reporting. You may respond to client specific inquiries from consultants or advisors. You will also work very closely with the company’s sales team, by providing internal marketing support, including updating marketing materials such as fact sheets, presentations, newsletters, sales reporting, etc. You will maintain all client information and activities in Salesforce (CRM system).
What You Will Need
Successful attributes for this role include not only strong analytical and problem-solving skills, but also a passion for writing. With under 30 employees, Fuller & Thaler is a boutique, privately owned firm. The candidate should display comfort with autonomy and an ability to manage time effectively in the face of shifting priorities. You will work with portfolio management, sales, and compliance colleagues. The ideal applicant should possess outstanding collaboration skills.
Bachelor’s degree required
At least 2 years of experience within the financial services industry, ideally in investment performance reporting and analysis and/or writing RFPs.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Attention to detail and the ability to multi-task and work efficiently
Ability to learn quickly and thrive in a complex, dynamic environment, demonstrating solid judgment, planning, and organization skills
Strong work ethic
Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Experience with FactSet and/or Morningstar is a plus
Progress towards CFA and/or CIPM designation encouraged
Someone that prefers being in the San Mateo, CA office five days per week with the opportunity to learn from peer mentors and grow their career. The role should not be considered a “remote” or “virtual” job.
What You Will Get
Opportunity to work for an investment firm associated with two Nobel Prize winners.
Full-time permanent positions include: Competitive Salary, 401k Match, Medical, Vision, Dental, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, Profit Sharing. Compensation will be competitive commensurate with education and experience.
Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life.
This role is located in our San Mateo, CA headquarters and reports to the Client Services Manager. Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with education and experience. The position is full-time and exempt from overtime pay. In addition, we offer one of the most generous and comprehensive benefits packages in our area and industry including health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance, 401(k) match and profit sharing. Expenses for the CFA designation will be reimbursed upon successfully completing each level. This position can expect to earn a base salary between sixty thousand and one hundred thousand dollars annually, plus a discretionary bonus and other benefits some of which are listed above. This represents the expected salary range for this position. Pay is based on a number of factors including education, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience, certifications, and other job and business-related factors. Other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package.
To apply for this position, please send your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
A background check will be conducted after a conditional offer of employment. Visit our website for more information at http://www.fullerthaler.com/. Fuller & Thaler is an equal opportunity employer. Please refer to our Applicant Privacy Notice which contains important information on how we handle your nonpublic personal information.
For candidates with limited experience, we may offer an internship which has the option to transition to a full-time role.
Fuller & Thaler Asset Management, Inc. (“F&T”)
Applicant Privacy Notice
The privacy and security of your personal data (the “Personal Information”) which we collect from you is very important to us. It is equally important that you understand how we handle this data.
By applying for employment with F&T, you expressly acknowledge that you have read, understand and agree to all of the terms of this Privacy Notice as outlined below and as it may be modified by us from time to time with or without prior notice.
Collection of Information
In the course of conducting our business and complying with federal, state, and local government regulations governing such matters as employment, tax, insurance, etc., we must collect Personal Information from you. The nature of the Personal Information collected varies somewhat for each applicant, depending on the position responsibilities, your citizenship, the location of the facility where you may work, and other factors. We collect Personal Information from you solely for business purposes, including those related directly to your application and prospective employment with F&T, and those required by governmental agencies.
Data collected may include, without limitation, such things as:
• Your name
• Phone number(s)
• Email address(es)
• Mailing address
• Current and past residential addresses
• Information contained in background checks
• Resume with employment history and education information
• Government identification documents and numbers, e.g., Social Security number, driver’s license number
• Date of birth
Anyone who sends unsolicited Personal Information to F&T by any means, e.g., mail, email, or fax, expressly consents to the storage, destruction, processing, or disclosure of the data, as well as any other reasonable business-related use by F&T or any government agency of the unsolicited data.
F&T will not knowingly collect or use Personal Information in any manner not consistent with this Notice, as it may be amended from time to time, and applicable laws.
Because the Personal Information collected by F&T is necessary for business purposes, you are required to provide it. Your refusal or failure to provide the requested Personal Information may, therefore, disqualify you from employment with F&T or from receipt or enjoyment of certain corporate benefits.
Use of the Information We Collect
We will not sell your Personal Information to any third party. The primary purposes for collection, storage and/or use of your Personal Information include, but are not limited to:
• Human Resources Management. We collect, store, analyze, and share (internally) Personal Information in order to attract, retain and motivate a highly qualified workforce. This includes recruiting, compensation planning, succession planning, reorganization needs, performance assessment, training, employee benefit administration, compliance with applicable legal requirements, and communication with applicants and/or their representatives.
• Business Processes and Management. Personal Information is used to run our business operations including, for example, scheduling work assignments, managing company assets, and populating employee directories. Information may also be used to comply with government regulation.
• Safety and Security Management. We use such Personal Information as appropriate to ensure the safety and protection of applicants, assets, and resources.
• Communication and Identification. We use your Personal Information to identify you and to communicate with you.
Disclosure of Data
F&T acts to protect your Personal Information and ensure that unauthorized individuals do not have access to your Personal Information by using security measures to protect Personal Information. We will not knowingly disclose or otherwise distribute your Personal Information to any third party without your knowledge and, where appropriate, your express written permission, except under the following circumstances.
• Legal requests and investigations. We may disclose your Personal Information when such disclosure is reasonably necessary (i) to prevent fraud; (ii) to comply with any applicable statute, law, rule or regulation; or (iii) to comply with a court order.
• Third-party vendors and service providers. We may, from time to time, outsource services, functions, or operations of our business to third -party service providers. When engaging in such outsourcing, it may be necessary for us to disclose your Personal Information to those service providers, e.g., a payroll service or a benefits provider. In some cases, the service providers may collect Personal Information directly from you on our behalf. We will work with any such providers to restrict how the providers may access, use and disclose your Personal Information.
When using a third party provider to whom we must furnish your Personal Information, we will select reliable third parties and we will require them to enter into written agreements with F&T which will (i) specify the rights and obligations of each party; (ii) provide that the third party has adequate security measures in place to protect the Personal Information; and (iii) the provider will only process Personal Information on the specific written instructions of F&T.
Security of Your Personal Information
We employ reasonable security measures and technologies, such as password protection, encryption, physical locks, etc., to protect the confidentiality of your Personal Information Only authorized employees have access to Personal Information.
F&T will make reasonable efforts to secure Personal Information stored or transmitted electronically secure from hackers or other persons who are not authorized to access such Information.
Your Rights and Choices
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about the Personal Information collected and used over the past 12 months. Once we receive your verifiable request, we will disclose to you:
• The categories of and specific Personal Information collected about you
• The sources of the Personal Information we collected about you
• The business purpose for collecting your Personal Information
• The categories of third parties with whom we share your Personal Information
• Whether or not any information has been sold or disclosed in the past 12 months and the relevant categories
You may send a request by e-mail, telephone or mail at the following:
Chief Compliance Officer
Fuller & Thaler Asset Management, Inc.
411 Borel Avenue, Suite 300
San Mateo, CA 94402
Toll Free Tel: 866-204-0769
F&T will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights and choices related to your Personal Information.
Any questions regarding this Privacy Notice may also be directed to the Chief Compliance Officer.